Thursday, September 07, 2006

Disappointed

I just got done looking over some information concerning my student loans... and the amount of time I thought it was going to take to pay them off appears to be longer than I expected -- by like six years.

In the next nine years I was hoping to have a lot accomplished: going through several new jobs, being a father to a few new kids, maybe have a business of my own.

If I don't have my loans paid off before I'm 37, how can I make stuff happen? I don't wanna go through life, or the good part of it, still in debt, still making the same stupid financial mistakes that I made in my 20's. Makes me think of the next 20 years, 30 years, 40 years.

First thing's first, though. My wife and me. I want us to be in the clear when we think about moving forward as a couple -- enjoying ourselves before we have kids, maybe travel a little. Then our kids. I don't wanna have to still be paying loans when they're 5, 6, 7, 8, 9... I wanna be helping them create their own nest egg.

Then in the next 20 years, I'd like my photography business. I think Amy's suggestion of making of 40 year plan is a great idea, and one I really didn't seriously consider until now... when all of these new thoughts are rushing in my head.

Seems so exhausting, all this planning... it's definitely disappointing, being in this 9 year total repayment of loans I didn't expect to last so long :(

0 comments: