Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Clarity

The weather is so nice at night right now. So nice that I wish it could have been like this before our $130 electric bill. I did enjoy the air conditioning, so I guess that's the price we gotta pay.

Now that the windows are open at night... what a feeling. I just feel like life has been filled with some clarity lately. It's the crisp air, the clean apartment, the laughter with my wife, the general good feeling of life. I think of right now being like Chris Thile on the mandolin. Each note is being played with such emotion and you can hear each pluck like it lasts a minute.

The end of a quote I found on the internet says, "play to the music of your soul." I would hope my soul is more full of a harmony instead of the jibberish I'm playing on my instrument right now. Sarah got out the trusty guitar. We had a little stringed evening of fun. I'm still trying to get the up-plucks down pat. And I'm still on first string notes :) Baby steps to grown up steps.

Why is the fall so awesome? I kind of wish this was the season we got married... but things wouldn't have been the same, with Todd and Rachel gone. Mikey wouldn't have gotten to test run his wedding on our experience if his wedding was first ;) Priscilla just moved so it might have been tough for her to get here.

I always think of Missouri during this time of year. I think after such hot weather, this stuff really just clears your head. It's just a relief.

Who can go wrong with Pumpkin Ale, fall clothes and a skip in your step from not being bogged down by the heat.

2 comments:

Sarah Loyd said...

I liked how fall sprang up overnight... I woke up to pumpkins and placemats and fall candles! Yay, fall is here, even if it's still 90-something degrees during the day!

Wishful thoughts said...

Next time I'm in town we have to go to Flying Saucer so I can try some Pumpkin Ale also!!

Fall and Winter are my two favorite seasons....the only down side is they are so short. Enjoy the weather while it lasts